Thursday 13 October 2011

the autumn leaves....

I am a fan of autumn...don't get me wrong, spring is big on my list too as I loathe winter. But, fall has a gorgeousness about it that is all about nature in it's natural state.  It's not about the shrubs and bulbs and perennials planted in a yard.

I was driving back to Toronto on the 401 and was thrilled repeatedly by groves of trees out in fields that were breathtakingly beautiful.  I know, gorgeousness on the 401, who knew!  I missed taking the Greyhound actually (for a minute anyways) as I could have taken in the views for longer.  They were picture perfect.  The reds of fall this year are being held up by the lowly sumac.  Maples have not gone to the ruby tones in great numbers this fall but have stalled at glorious shades of orange and gold.  The sun was shining and I was speeding and all was good on the road.

Basically, what I am saying is, get out and check out those fall colours.  I can't imagine how beautiful it would be to be on a country road if the 401 was so awesome.  (Speeding not recommended)

Tell me, how many of you started humming a song when you read the title??  Let's play Don't Forget the Lyrics!!  the autumn leaves _______________, the autumn leaves of __________.  Bonus points for singer, composer, was it from a movie??  And you are seriously dating yourself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment