Monday 7 November 2011

TGIF?? TGIM!!!

I know I came here to be busy but I still like a day with few obligations and definetly no classes!!! Mondays have become that day. I don't want to sleep the day away either. Up by 10, some yoga, some brekkie, my stretchy-keep-the-body-going exercises, groceries if I HAVE too, catch up on Y & R at 4:30 with a cup of tea.

Today I planned how I was going to fit in all the exhibits at the galleries I want to see. Oh, and I paid a bill, actually walked to the mailbox to get it in the mail. There are a few bills left in the world apparently that you still need a cheque for...how bizarre.

In TO there is a free museum admission program called MAP, Museum + Arts Pass, coordinated by library branches for Bata Shoe Museum, AGO, ROM, Gardiner and others. I never go and stand in line, which you need to do to score passes for AGO and ROM, I just get what is available. In September, I went to the Gardiner and this month I am going to Bata Shoe. There is an exhibit of shoes from the Roaring 20's...drooling just thinking about it. It's on till June 2012 if you want to put it on your calendar.

This is very interesting...ROM has lowered their admission prices from $24 to $15. I want to go see the David Hockney exhibit entitled Fresh Flowers, "paintings" he has done on Ipads etc. plus several other exhibits that really interest me. The Hockney is only on till Jan 1.

Then there is the Grace Kelly exhibit at TIFF Bell Lightbox which runs till January 22, a Chagall exhibit at the AGO until January 15, the Tsar's Cabinet at the Gardiner until January 8...phew!!

1 comment:

  1. Would like to see the Hockney, Chagall and Grace Kelly exhibits--will see if I can make it to Toronto before January!

    ReplyDelete